Project Cars: 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One, Up to 12K on PC
Here’s quick breakdown, courtesy of Slightly Mad:
- Up to 12K resolution on PC (frame rate dependent on PC hardware; PC specs listed below)
- 1080p, 60 frames per second on PlayStation 4
- 900p, 60 frames per second on Xbox One
In September 2014, Slightly Mad said it was aiming for both the PS4 and Xbox One editions of Project Cars to run at 1080p, but it now appears the developer was not able to pull it off for Microsoft’s new console.
Resolution and frame rate details for the Wii U edition of Project Cars will be announced later.
Slightly Mad also announced that Project Cars will not feature a split-screen mode. “In order to achieve the target of 60 frames per second, there is no split-screen mode,” the developer explained.
After its third delay, Project Cars is now scheduled to launch in mid-May for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. A release date for the Wii U version has not been announced.
PROJECT CARS PC SPECIFICATIONS:
- CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
- GRAPHICS – nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
- MEMORY – 4 GB RAM, 1 GB VRAM
- CPU – 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
- GRAPHICS – nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
- MEMORY – 8 GB RAM, 2 GB VRAM
Click thumbnails below to see bigger version.