New Star Wars: Battlefront Gameplay Details and Trailer Released
Today at the Star Wars Celebration, Electronic Arts made a bevy of announcements for its upcoming shooter, Star Wars: Battlefront. First, as suspected, Battlefront–developed by DICE–will launch on November 17 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. The game will be released in Europe on November 19.
EA also plans to debut the first full-length Battlefront trailer later this afternoon. The game is in development using DICE’s Frostbite engine and the team says it has also benefited in the visuals department by way of its “unprecedented collaboration” with Lucasfilm.
This partnership of DICE and Lucasfilm means Battlefront will “deliver an incredibly authentic and immersive interactive entertainment experience featuring photorealistic visuals and epic action in iconic Star Wars locations.”
DICE has also announced a range of gameplay details for Battlefront, which are rounded up below. Some of these details were revealed earlier today in an Associated Press report.
In Battlefront, players can:
- Fire blasters
- Ride speeder bikes and snow speeders
- Command AT-ATs
- Pilot TIE fighters and even the Millennium Falcon
Battlefront locations include:
- Sullust (a previously unexplored planet)
Battlefront playable characters include:
- Darth Vader
- Boba Fett
- “Wide range of modes tailored for different types of battles,” including:
- Larger 40-person multiplayer modes
- “Crafted missions” that can be played alone, with a friend via split-screen offline, or cooperatively online
- There will not be a traditional single-player mode, according to IGN.
Battlefront pre-order bonuses:
Pre-order to play the Force Awakens-themed Battle of Jakku mission on December 1, 2015–everyone else gets the free content on December 8.
“Taking place in the aftermath of the Rebel victory in the Battle of Endor, players will experience the events that created the massive, battle-scarred landscape of Jakku shown in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
See Original article here.